Endobrowlift Post-Operative Instructions
- After getting home, continue resting comfortably for the next 24 hours with your head elevated. Have someone assist you in getting up out, going to the restroom, etc. for the first day or two.
- For the next 3-5 nights, sleep on your back with 3 to 4 pillows behind your head and back. This will help minimize the amount of facial edema (swelling) and ecchymosis (bruising) after surgery. This bruising & swelling usually subsides within 4-6 weeks after surgery.
- To help minimize swelling and discomfort, you may apply ice cold compresses to and around the eyes during the next 24 hours after surgery.
- If you experience pain, please take your prescribed pain medication as directed. This medication should be taken with food to prevent nausea. Tylenol (Acetaminophen) may be taken in the place of your prescription.
- If you were discharged with an oral antibiotic it should be taken through its full cycle as directed.
- If you were on the Vita Medica supplement plan you may resume after getting home. No other medication should be taken for the first 10 days after surgery. Avoid alcohol while taking any medications.
- Call your doctors office immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms: Temperature above 101.8°F, shakes and chills, severe unrelieved pain, or bright red blood from the incision sites, localized swelling with redness and warm to the touch, or sudden onset of significant swelling to the face or neck.
- Drink plenty of fluids. It is easy to become dehydrated after surgery. Dehydration may cause nausea and dizziness.
- You must keep all incision sites clean and dry for the first 24 hours after surgery. After 24 hours you are allowed shower, wash your face, and shampoo you hair with mild based soap/shampoo. To dry, gently pat with a soft clean towel.
- You will have sutures or staples in and around your scalp. Be very careful when combing our hair so that you do not pull on them. You are allowed to use a blow dryer on a LOW AND COOL SETTING ONLY after your first visit with your doctor. You are not allowed to perm or color your hair for approx. 4-6 weeks after surgery or otherwise instructed by your doctor. The sutures and or staples will be removed by your doctor 7-10 days after surgery.
- Do not engage in any strenuous activities for the next 4-6 weeks after surgery. Avoid bending over or lifting heavy objects for the first 5-7 days. Exertion that elevates blood pressure can cause bleeding. You may resume light exercise and or your normal activities after your first post operative visit with your doctor.
- You can expect edema (swelling) as well as ecchymosis (bruising) around your face after surgery. The amount of edema and ecchymosis depends on the extent of surgery as well as the individual’s tendency to bruise.
- If you wear contact lenses, you should wait approximately 5 days after surgery before inserting them. This amount of time will allow the eyes to regain its normal functioning ability to lubricate themselves. DO NOT STRAIN YOUR EYES by excessive reading or television watching during the first 3-5 days after surgery.
- It is greatly suggested to use sunblock with a minimum of SPF 15 for the next 3 months to help protect your incision sites from burning. All fresh new scars are hypersensitive to sunlight, causing a tendency to burn.
- Please avoid all forms of nicotine two weeks before and after surgery. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor and may increase risks of unnecessary post-operative complications. In general, be aware that smoking or the use of unauthorized medications can lead to complications and jeopardize the results of your surgery.