Facial and Neck Liposuction
Do you feel that you have an excessively full or “double chin,” despite being at a healthy weight? Liposuction of the neck can achieve better defined, more graceful neckline by permanently.
Because liposuction removes excess fat, but cannot significantly improve sagging skin, the typical neck liposuction patient will be younger, his or her 20’s through early 50’s, as younger patients typically have good skin elasticity, which is necessary for the skin to contract smoothly and evenly after liposuction. Learn more about liposuction techniques like Smart Lipo.
For most patients, neck liposuction is a fairly quick procedure, and many times it can be performed using local anesthesia. Through 1 or 2 tiny incisions, concealed beneath the chin or behind the ears, a cosmetic surgeon insert a small liposuction cannula, removing excess fat and sculpting a natural contour to the chin and neck. Following the procedure, patients typically wear a special supportive chin strap for about 3 or 4 days, return to work within 1 week, and be ready to return to full activity after about 2 weeks. It is typical to experience some swelling and bruising after neck liposuction; this should resolve during the first 10 to 14 days after surgery.
Considerations & goals with neck liposuction:
- Improves the appearance of a “double chin” or fullness underneath the chin
- Refines the jawline to enhance the chin or bring balance to facial features
- Patients with good skin tone will typically see the best results
- Can be combined with chin augmentation or rhinoplasty to further enhance facial contours
- Results are permanent so long as a patient maintains a stable weight