TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY:
- Do not sunburn or over-expose to sunrays.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin products.
- Take Vitamin C daily 1,000 mg.
- NO alcoholic beverages 72 hours prior to surgery.
- Pre-op testing to be done 3 weeks prior to surgery date.
- The night before surgery, NO food or liquids after midnight.
- Do not apply make-up or cream the morning of surgery.
- Wear a blouse/shirt that buttons down the front.
- Arrange for your post-operative care.
- If you should get a pimple or blemish on your nose, please contact the office immediately so that you can be treated. Otherwise, this could result in canceling your surgery.
- Purchase a bottle of AFRIN nasal spray & nasal saline drops before your surgery day. (i.e.
Ocean Spray orAYR)
- Do not do facials within 30 days prior to your surgery
- Give the nursing staff a telephone number where you can be reached the evening of surgery.
- Continue medications as instructed.
- Nausea & vomiting can occur with surgery. Make sure that you take your medication with
food. Antacids like Mylanta or Tums may help. If nausea & vomiting persists, stop taking the prescription pain medication & switch to Tylenol.
- Sleep with your head elevated on 2-3 pillows for at least 10 days.
- Continuously keep cold compresses on your eyes for the first 10 hours after surgery. This helps reduce bruising. Supplies will be provided for you.
- Moderate bleeding from the nose is normal. A gauze dressing will be placed to collect the blood. This dressing SHOULD NOT be removed. You can add more gauze to that dressing if needed. Supplies will be provided for you on the day of surgery. * If excessive bleeding persists, please call the office.
- Follow a soft diet for 2-3 days. Avoid dairy products the day of surgery.
- Do not blow your nose for 1 month & sneeze with your mouth open.
- No eye glasses for 1 month. *See Ellen for further instructions.
- No strenuous activities or exercise for 1 month. (i.e. weight lifting, yoga, pilates, sit-ups)
- No underwater swimming for 1 month / No scuba- diving for 3 months.
DAY OF SURGERY:
Please bring the bottle of Afrin nose spray & the Zofran anti-nausea medication with you. The nurse will advise you of its use.