The neck is one of the first places to show the telltale signs of aging. A neck lift effectively eliminates deep creasing and sagging skin in the neck for a more youthful profile. This surgical procedure offers dramatic improvements to the appearance of the neck that will last many years.
BEFORE & AFTER
WHAT TO LOVE ABOUT NECK LIFT
- No need to go to the hospital for surgery
Necklifts under local anesthesia require less downtime and quicker recovery than necklifts performed under general anesthesia
- Dr. Neo’s necklifts are known to leave minimal to no visible signs of scarring after full recovery.
- Dr. Neo’s patients are usually considered presentable and ‘restaurant ready’ 7-10 days after the procedure.
- The best necklifts will restore a ‘younger’ neck with natural results
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT NECK LIFT
- You have the option of having your necklift done under local anesthesia or under general anesthesia.
- Sugical incisions for necklifts are usually made in the hairline and around the front of the ears and ending behind the ears.
- A necklift is deal if you have loss of definiton between the jawline and the neck
- A necklift tightens underlying muscles, removes excess skin and smoothes skin-eliminating wrinkels and lines
WHO IS IT FOR?
Dr. Neo may recommend a neck lift for the following concerns:
- Loss of definition between the jawline and the neck
- Loose skin under the chin (known as a turkey wattle)
- Deep horizontal creases around the neck
- Excess skin around the neck that creates a sagging appearance
- Dr. Neo customizes the neck lift procedure to accommodate a patient’s unique concerns and desired results. A neck lift may be performed alone or in combination with other procedures like a facelift or skin rejuvenation treatment to enhance the outcome.
- Liposuction may also be used with the neck lift to effectively remove pockets of fat for a better defined neck contour.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Dr. Neo typically performs a neck lift using local anesthesia with some oral medications. Depending on the specific issues to be addressed, incisions may be placed in a natural skin crease under the chin or behind the ears to effectively camouflage the incisions.
Dr. Neo tightens underlying muscles using a variety of techniques to produce improved definition. Fat pockets can be removed with liposuction, which involves insertion of a narrow cannula into the fat tissue to gently suction fat cells away. Underlying tissue and muscle is carefully replaced to the original position before skin is redraped and closed.
WHAT ARE RESULTS LIKE?
A neck lift takes about an hour, depending on the amount of work to be done. A dressing is worn for a few days after the procedure. Post procedure discomfort is minimal and oral medication can be taken to manage this.
Patients generally return to work after a few days and regular exercise after two weeks. Results are immediately visible and will last many years.