Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Post-Operative Instructions for Hyaluronic Acid Fillers (HA)
Please observe the following after treatment with Hyaluronic Acid Fillers (HA) or Perlane
- Cold compresses (a cloth dipped in cold water, wrung out, and applied to the injected area)
may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following the treatment so you do not
accidentally injure your skin while the area is numb. After that, the area can be gently washed
with soap and water.
- Until there is no redness or swelling, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (sun
lamp or sun bathing).
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures
could contribute to another occurrence. Speak with your physician about medications that may
minimize a recurrence.
- Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, and high
doses of Vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase
bruising and bleeding at the injection site.